Welcome to Vitro Minerals
Vitro Minerals is a leading manufacturer of glass powders and sands made with plate, container, and specialty glasses.
Specialty glasses include No, 1, Type 33 borosilicate glass equivalent to Pyrex 7740, as well as Kimble, Schott, Kavalier, Nipro, & Gerresheimer. Another specialty glass is E-Glass, derived from fiberglass reinforcements, sold under our VCAS trademark. Vitro also produces Fuzed Quartz chips and submicron powders known as RS 50. Neutral pH glass is any Vitro grade treated with a proprietary process to a stable pH between 5-8 as required.
The powders are widely used in the coatings, plastics, rubber, and adhesives/sealants industries to provide functional fillers constituting 100% recycled content. Other applications include ceramics, glazes and frits. Glass based pozzolans also act as an excellent mineral admixture providing a 100% “green” construction material that helps contribute to the sustainability of cement and concrete.
Bottle glass is widely used as recycled glass specially engineered for dustless blasting and other substrate cleaning operations where a clean surface is prepared with silica free, environmentally friendly media.
Leading Glass Powder Characteristics:
- Free of Crystalline Silica – Fully amorphous
- Inert/Corrosion Resistance – Typical pH range is 10.0 – 10.5
- Abrasion Resistant – Mohs hardness of 5.5
- Low Specific Gravity – 2.23-2.55
- 100% Recycled Content – Certified pre-consumer and post-consumer feed stocks
- Uniform Color – In some cases GE brightness in excess of 90
- Uniform Particle Size Distribution – < 325 Mesh and finer with Hegman fineness of 6
- Surface Modifiable – Highly polar surfaces couple efficiently with silanes and other additives.
Leading Glass Sand Characteristics:
- Uniform, consistent gradation
- Silica free
- Minimal label remnants
Vitro Minerals is headquartered in Conyers, GA with production facilities in Jackson, TN. Our management team has over 100 years of combined expertise in industrial minerals and the industries in which they are used. This allows our company to offer a breadth of knowledge and overall customer service that few competitors can rival. Please explore our website and feel free to reach out for any additional information you may require.